1) Can I rent a site for less than a year?
Yes, all of our sites are month to month with the exception of the carports, which require an annual contract.
2) I’ve experienced rate increases monthly in other facilities. How often can I expect a rate increase?
We try to keep our costs competitive. Our costs will be evaluated on an annual basis and our pricing adjusted as necessary to keep up with increasing operating expenses.
3) When is my rent payment due?
Your payment is due on the 1st of every month, with a five day grace period until the 5th.
Payments not received by the 5th will incur a late fee.
4) Can I pay for more than one month at a time?
We are happy to accept payment for any length of time.
5) What are my payment options?
We accept payments of cash, check, or direct pay (Chase Bank, PNC, Local Credit Unions). Check with your bank to see if they participate.
6) What if I need to terminate my contract?
You must give 10 day written notice when you terminate your lease. You may drop the notice in the drop box or mail it to the office. Please remember your lease terminates 10 days from the day we receive your notice. If the ten day notice fails to terminate the lease before the 1st of the next rental month, you will be charged for the full months rent in which the lease terminated.
7) Where do I send a payment?
Ford Lake Self Storage
6300 Bunton Road
Ypsilanti, MI 48197
Mail your payment to above address or use the drop box which is located on site next to the office door.
8) What size site do I need to rent?
The entire unit needs to fit inside the space markers. This includes rear bumpers, tow dolly, outboard and trailer tongue.
9) Are there space restrictions?
Yes. We allow only one unit per space, boat and trailer or one motor home with tow dolly (without a vehicle) are considered one unit. Any other combination must have prior management approval.